Monday, May 2, 2011

How Much Do I Love the Royal Wedding Gown? Let Me Count the Ways

Wedding style changed last Friday, just as surely as it did when Diana emerged from her glass coach 30 years ago.  When Kate Middleton climbed into the back seat of a Rolls Royce and her fitted lace bodice with long lace sleeves was revealed, I was ecstatic. When she climbed out at the church and I saw the entire dress, I'm pretty sure I audibly gasped.  Both she and the gown were exquisite.


Very few modern brides choose veils similar to Kate's, if they wear one at all.  Kate's penchant for fascinators may even the playing field, but I do feel we'll see more brides wearing traditional romantic veils and covering their faces on their walk down the aisle.

Happly Planning,

Sonya

No comments:

Post a Comment